Regular price $2.95
- 65 days.
- Grow tiny ears of baby corn in your own garden.
- This variety is not a sweet corn and best results will occur when harvested within 5 days of the appearance of silks.
- Plant more closely together with 4" centers.
- The tender, delicately flavored finger like ears are entirely edible and delicious for hor d'ourves, stir fries and pickles. We've seen these in tins imported from the Asia but it's interesting to note that they have long been a popular pickle in Germany.
- Excellent for freezing. If a few ears mature, they can be dried for popcorn.
Planting Directions: Sow seed in spring after all danger of frost has past and soil temperature is between 60° and 95°. Plant seed 1” to 1 1/2” deep, 3-4 seeds per hill spaced 4”-6” apart. Plant in blocks of 2-4 rows to optimize germination. Corn is a heavy feeder especially of nitrogen. Plant in well prepared soil amended with rich compost or a complete garden fertilizer. Plant in full sun. Water moderately and increase watering when tassels appear.