Arugula - Garden Rocket
Regular price $2.95
- Eruca vesicaria ssp. sativa.
- 42 days
- Leaves have a sharp, spicy taste, excellent for salads.
- Hardy and easy to grow.
- Make several plantings for a continuous crop; young greens are the most delectable for salads.
- Last crop sown will take first light frost. Very much used in France, Italy, and Greece. Add bolting flowers to salads.
- Arugula, known as Garden Rocket is an ancient quick growing salad green widely grown Italy, Greece and France. My first bite was in upstate New York. Our Italian hosts had harvested it from under a snow covered tunnel. The flavor knocked my socks off and still does.
Planting Directions: Plant in spring as early as the ground can be worked and soil temperature is between 45° to 85°, optimum 60 °. Plant in fertile, well prepared soil. Seed should be planted 1/4” deep in rows 12” apart. Thin to 5” apart when the plants are 2” high. Germinates in 4-9 days. Plant every 2-3 weeks in spring for continuous supply until weather is hot. Start planting again in late summer as weather cools.