Anaheim Hot Pepper
Regular price $2.65
- Open pollinated.Days. 23 to 76 days from transplanting. Heirloom.
- Anaheim Hot Pepper originated near Anaheim California in 1903
- The tall productive plants produce fruits 7 to 8" long turning from brilliant green to red at maturity.
- This is the pepper you've been buying in those expensive little cans for chili rellenos; also excellent peppers for drying freezing and canning.
- Mildly pungent Anaheim Hot Pepper is tobacco mosaic tolerant
Planting Directions: Sow seed indoors 8 weeks before last frost. Plant seed ¼” deep in sterile seed mix and maintain soil temperature of 65? to 95° with 85° optimum for germination. Germinates in 5 to 14 days. Transplant when first set of true leaves appear. Fertilize regularly and provide at least 12 hours of light per day. Transplant into garden when soil temperatures are 70°-85? in soil enriched with rich compost or a general purpose fertilizer. Space plant 12” apart and water moderately and evenly until peppers form. Reduce water as peppers mature. Peppers need warmth to grow so do not rush transplanting into the garden.