Amish Paste Tomato ORGANIC
- Open pollinated. 85 days from transplant. Heirloom.
- Indeterminate. Amish Paste Tomato is a large, 6 to 8 oz tear drop tomatoes are solid sparsley seeded and full of delightful old fashioned tomato flavor.
- For sauces, canning or fresh eating.
- Amish heirloom rediscovered in Wisconsin several years ago and now regularly makes the top ten list among tomato lovers.
- A selection by Alan Kapuler PHD, Peace Seeds, Corvallis Oregon
Planting Directions: Plant seed indoors 6-8 weeks before transplanting in spring. Sow seed 1/2” deep in sterile starting soil, maintaining a soil temperature of 65? to 95?. Germinates in 6-10 days if soil is kept at 85°. When seedlings are 10 days old replant (if using seedling trays) into 2” or 4” pots. Transplant outdoors when soil temperatures are at least 70? in well drained soil enriched with organic matter or a general purpose fertilizer. Space plants 2’ to 3’ apart. Avoid high levels of nitrogen in the soil as this promotes vegetative growth and reduces yields. Water regularly during growing season and reduce or withhold water when tomatoes begin to ripen.