Borloto Cranberry Bush Bean
Regular price $3.25
- 90-110 days. Bush type. 20" tall plants.
- One of the classic beans of Italian soups. A velvety texture and delicious brown broth make this the bean of choice for pasta fazooli.
- There are many strains of cranberry bean we find this the best.
- Seeds have a tan background with markings of red and deep brown.
- Use both fresh and dry shell.
Planting Directions: Direct sow in spring after frost danger has passed and soil temperature is a minimum of 60°, 70° is optimum. Plant 1”to 2” deep, 4-6” apart. Cultivate soil incorporating compost or a low nitrogen general purpose fertilizer. Keep soil moist until seed germinates, after that water moderately and regularly until harvest. Provide trellis for pole beans; bush beans do not need a trellis. After each picking water deep to prolong production.